23 November 2010

She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair…

And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight."
Why is it that when we plan our outfits we only think of what we are going to wear?

But rarely do we plan our hair - if you ask me, its one of the most important parts to looking good.

I could put together an amazing outfit and plan it to the nth degree but when it comes down to it, if my hair is looking limp or dry, I'm looking limp and dry.

There are so many different hairstyles to choose from these days that we really have no excuse for bad hair days.

When it comes to your wedding day, you want your hair to look the best it can so you can look the best you can. Unless you're a famous actress or rockstar (lucky you!), you are probably not going to be photographed as closely and as much as on your wedding day.

Here are some styles to help you out...

1. Fresh and Playful Up-do



Who does fresh and playful better than Miss Barrymore?!

This is a great style to help accentuate your cheekbones and eyes. It looks effortless, beautiful and can easily be added to.

Clip in a veil, flower or vintage hairpiece and you're ready to walk down that aisle.

2. Braids



Let's face it, no one does boho better than Nicole Ritchie and Sienna Miller so who better to get braid inspiration from!

This look is a modern take on the Heidi braids we all sported back in our primary school days and looks a lot more glamorous too.

This can look great with flowers and can be done half up/half down or right across the crown.

However you might want to steer clear of the Princess Leia look...



3. The Side Bun

Okay so I'm in my twenties which means I grew up watching Dawson's Creek so I may have a small obsession with Michelle Williams but I'm pretty sure you would agree that she looks damn fine with a side bun.

The trick to the side bun is to make it look as easy and loose as possible, but not so loose that it falls out (bobby pins will be your best friend on your wedding day!)


No comments:

Post a Comment