17 October 2011

Sarah Williams - Photographer

It's always great discovering new talent here in Tasmania and Sarah Williams is no exception. This amazing young photographer may only just be starting out, but she has already shown how talented she is and I'm sure you'll fall in love with her photos as much as I have.

Sarah dropped by The Apple Aisle for a chat about all things wedding!


Tell us a bit about yourself and your background.

I’m 24 with a beautiful family and amazing friends. My love of photography has started taking over my weekends, which makes me very happy!

I love daydreaming of shooting fashion editorials in Paris one day and having a miniature daschund called Audrey…for now I am happy being a lover of all things vintage, challenging myself to be the best photographer I can be, and meeting lots of new and special people along the way.




What inspired you to make a career out of photography?

It has always been a love of mine, but it wasn’t until a great friend planted the seed in my head that I could make this a career – to spend my days doing what I love – that I really started dreaming about it. With lots of support from family and friends, it’s slowly becoming a reality.




How would you describe your photography style?

My style is very natural and a little indie/vintage, while still remaining timeless. I love capturing moments as they unfold...real moments.




Where do you look for inspiration?

I love how anything can spark an idea…sometimes it’s the simplest of things like beautiful light, a retro room, an interesting person, old buildings, a black and white movie or an op shop.

I also love looking through magazines (Frankie is a big favourite), blogs and other photographers' work. I have recently discovered a site called Pinterest; it’s a great way to keep all your favourite ideas and inspiration in the one place – I love it!




What interests you about wedding photography?

I think it is so amazing to be invited to share in a couple’s special day. It is the best feeling – you are surrounded by love, beautiful emotions, a little fashion and people’s natural beauty just shines through and I love it.

As the day flows people forget they are having their photos taken and you get to capture these special memories for them to look back on forever. What I love even more is that my favourites images are often of the sweet little looks and touches that happen in between.





Any tips for aspiring photographers?

I know people say it all the time – but take photos, photos and more photos! It really is the best way to learn – play, challenge yourself, learn from your mistakes, experiment, find what you love to capture and dream big.




Who are some great Tasmanian wedding vendors you’ve worked with so far?

Studio White are a bridal store in the North of Tasmania who stock beautiful, different dresses for Tassie brides...I’m always excited when a little vintage inspired style is offered here!

Meags Artistry in Hobart also does amazing make-up.


What song is guaranteed to make you get up and dance?

Any of the oldies - they are the best to get up and dance to!

No comments:

Post a Comment