12 January 2011

Elisa Solomon - Jewellery Designer

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break and getting in to the swing of 2011.

Over the break, the very talented Elisa Solomon agreed to answer a few questions about herself and share some of her gorgeous designs.

First off I have to say that this girl is AMAZING! Not only am I loving that she lives in Greenwich Village, NYC but everything she makes is so unique and great for everyday wear as well as special occasions.

Check out some of her designs at www.elisasolomon.com for engagement and wedding rings as well as great jewellery pieces for your big day and beyond.


Who is Elisa Solomon?

I am a jewellery designer based in New York City's Greenwich Village.



What got you into designing and making jewellery?

I have always loved the sentimental aspect of jewellery.  I have a special tie or memory associated with every piece I've received in my life, and I love that.  I think most people have at least one piece of jewellery they truly cherish and I like that nice connection to a little piece of art!


Where are you hoping this will take you?

I feel it takes me somewhere every day.  I am so passionate about making new pieces and I love designing and working with my stones.


Any tips for aspiring designers?

Love what you do!


What has been your greatest experience in your career so far?

A great moment was seeing my turquoise thunderbird necklace on the cover of Lucky magazine.  My face lit up every time I passed by a news stand!  I always feel a bit giddy when a celebrity purchases or is photographed in my jewellery.


What song is guaranteed to make you get up and dance?

Telephone by Lady Gaga and Beyonce! 
I love the music video and they know how to shake it!

No comments:

Post a Comment